Wednesday, June 5, 2013
June 5 2013 update
Yesterday we visited two churches to search the Archives. Joel, our family history expert, is awesome. We have found over 100 names and he estimates we might get to 200 by the end of the day. In the church in Santa Guistina we walked the aisle where Luigi DeZanet and Guilia Pangussat (my great grandfather) walked and were married. In Sospirollo, we went inside the church where my grandfather (Poppa) was baptized. We also walked through the cemetary in Sospirollo and found several DeZanet sites, including a Gilda DeZanet, who Aunt Rene had written down 35 years ago as someone they were supposed to visit back then. Not sure it is the same person, but maybe!
It is amazing to see these places and to see the original birth and marriage records. So far we are back to the mid 1700's.
*******************
It's now night time. We drove to Belluno and we're staying at the park hotel. Google it. It is an old villa. It is so cool. The best part of the day is when we found the house my great grandmother was born in. It is an amazing story that I will share later. Headed to Cortina tomorrow. Off to bed. Goodnight. I love you family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is all so incredible! What a cool experience to find the church they were married in. I hope you've been taking tons of pictures. I love you guys!
So so cool! I look up the hotel, so pretty! I am so glad you guys are having such success!! Even with the crazy travel stories it sound like you are having a great time! Since there are no pics here, I am hoping for a very thorough recap with pictures put up on the projector when we come to visit...yup, that sound like a good plan...while eating gellato :) hehe
Post a Comment