All good things have to come to an end, right? I think we all wish we still had 2-3 more days.
This morning Kenzi and I climbed up and down all 462 steps of the duomo in Florence. The morning was clear so we had great views and got some awesome pictures. We then shopped in the market. Mom (Sylvia) didn't think she bought much, but when we made her a list, she said, "I bought all that?"
We then had lunch and took taxis to the train station for our ride to Venice. We almost ended up in Torino. We boarded the wrong train, got our luggage put away and were looking for our seats when we asked and found out we had boarded the wrong train. We got off and quickly got to the right place. Two hours later we arrived in Venice. After a long walk, a lot of stairs, and an argument with the taxi driver, we were on our way to our hotel. We are staying near the airport since we fly out tomorrow. This hotel is nice - like a U.S. hotel. That said, I really like the old boutique hotels.
So we head home tomorrow, hoping the French air traffice controller strike doesn't affect us. I love you family!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment