Sunday, August 10, 2008

Johannesburg

Day 3 (remember to start reading this post from Day 1 below): Today was a busy day. All business. We started at 7:30 with a breakfast meeting. Then we began five, nearly back-to-back press interviews. They were all different from one another. Overall, they went well and the editors liked our story. One difference with the interviews here vs. those in the U.S. is that the editors come to us. All meetings were here at our hotel. In the U.S. you have to go to the editors, which means racing from apointment to appointment. I like the way it works here. For dinner, my two co-workers and I went to a Portuguese restaurant. Not sure I've ever been to one. I had a grilled pork fillet -- it was very good. Okay, so my day must have been very boring if I'm telling you about what I ate for dinner. I warned you in my opening message (I think I warned you) that it would be a lot of boring business stuff. Same for tomorrow, then things should get a little more interesting. So keep coming back to read. I'll try and find something whacky to write about:-) Love, Dad.

Day 2: Today is Sunday (about 10:00 p.m.). I nice quiet day. I woke up at 3 a.m., fell back asleep around 7 a.m. and slept until early afternoon (man, is my body clock messed up). I spent the day reading, preparing my lesson for Aug 24th, and catching up on email. I tried to find the church online, but couldn't pin down the location and didn't want to risk getting lost in Joburg, so just me in my hotel room. I did meet two of my coworkers for dinner, both of them are from the UK. Tomorrow start our press tour with about five one-hour meetings -- starting the day at 7:30 a.m. I've got a church DVD that I'm going to watch, then off to bed. Boring text, I know. But hey, at least I'm a consistent blogger this trip (so far).

Oh...I did give out a pass along card on the plane yesterday. I sat next to a really nice guy from Ivory Coast (western Africa). Also saw a Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe parked in front of my hotel (a VERY nice hotel). That's a $425,000 car! I would like to have seen who drove it:-)

Good night!

1 comment:

jeremy and steph said...

we'll definitely take the 'boring business stuff' if it means you are safe out there!
Hope all is well out across the world...I am sooo excited to see the pics you take!
I love the pics of you and mk golfing!
we are doing great here...everyone is soo friendly and we are happy in our new apt.!
love ya!!!