Today was the user conference for our partner. I presented to about 125 people. I thought it went well. The topic had some controversy to it, so that made it even more fun. Then after the conference there was a whiskey tasting event. Ughhhh. I walked around outside until it got too cold. I went inside and stood in the back. The guy running the event really wanted me to participate. Kind of awkward because you really don't get a chance to explain why -- though somehow he knew I am Mormon. Then came dinner. Had a pretty good church discussion with four other people. Talked about the details of the Word of Wisdom to one guy. It's just important to faithfully do what is right. Others will think what they want. Hopefully, some admire it and get interested. The guy sitting next to me brought up politics and religion and other personal stuff. Kind of funny.
Tomorrow is the really difficult day -- the golf tournament :-) I'm looking forward to it, exept for the drinking that will go on that evening. I have no way back to the hotel, so I'll just find someone to hang out with. There are usually one or two other non drinkers. That's it. I'm tired. Hope everyone is well. Matt, Jordan and Paige drive safe!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yea, your hotel is pretty much gorgeous! Like a palace for sure!...and look at you posh traveler who can say from personal experience that it looks like Versaille :)
Interesting...it seems like so many of your business trips center around dinners and alcohol...such a different life most of the business world lives... :(
love ya!
p.s. Great job posting!
Post a Comment