No pics yet. I'll try and post a couple tomorrow, but now I'll catch you up on my first day and a half.
The trip didn't start off so well. I forgot this it was daylight savings time and I missed my flight. The airport was crazy and I would have missed it anyway because I mis-calculated the time that I needed to leave. Anyway, I scrambled to the airport then stood in line for an hour. They got me on a later flight and I ended up arriving in Tokyo only about 30 minutes later than planned.
On the flight I sat next to an LDS guy from China. I'll have to fill you in on the stories of the church there. He was a great guy!
Monday night I arrived, went to catch the train into the city and found that there had been an accident and the train was shut down. So I took the bus and made it to my hotel safely. I checked in (the third credit card finally worked due to fraud protection), was escourted to my room, the room key didn't work, had to wait, got the right key, opened the door into an occupied room. I finally got the right room then met my neighbor, also here on business, and we had a great Korean barbque dinner with someone that works for him here in Japan.
Didn't sleep well Monday night, but oh well.
Woke up Tuesday morning, knelt down to say my prayers when the building started to shake. It was a 4.6 earthquake. Not sure where it originated, but nothing too tramatic. Went to the office and worked all day with several meetings. Tuesday dinner was a 15 course (yes 15) traditional Japanese dinner with our office staff (nine of us). I think I ate all but two of the items. I survived.
Tomorrow, I give a press conference to ten journalists. I need to get up early to practice my presentation. Should be fun.
The trip sounds a bit crazy, but all in all, its going just fine. Tokyo is a cool city. I like the people I get to work with here. I love you all. I'll try and post again tomorrow. Love, Dad.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment