Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Japan Continued

I leave Japan later today, headed to New Zealand (and English speaking people!)

Yesterday was a packed day. I had a press conference with eleven journalists. The two most interesting points was that it was translated word for word. So I would speak 2-3 sentences and then pause for my interpreter to translate it into Japanese. The second thing is that try to Japan, then take a lot of pictures. So while I was presenting, the camera flashes were going like crazy. It was fun and went well. I also presented to a group of 12 resellers, did a one on one interview with a magazine, and had two other meetings with vendors.

Last night for dinner I went out for barbque with my Japanese marketing guy. I figured it was safe since I've had it before. It is pretty cool. You select what meats you want to order, they bring them on plates and then you grill them at your table. All the items are usually thinly sliced. Well....the first thing that comes out is tongue! Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm not eating that! Speaking of offending...the night before we went to a restaurant with nine of us. I stepped up a step onto the floor and you would have thought I was about to step onto a land mine. "Noooooooo!!!!!" I jumped back off. I didn't know you were supposed to take your shoes off before entering the main part of the restaurant. Hopefully I don't start any international incendents before I leave.

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.

No comments: