January 16, 2008
Quite a day….let me start with my flight from London to Milano. The guy next to me and the guy in the row in front of me almost got in a fight over overhead space. The Brit kept say “don’t touch my things.” And the Italian kept saying, “don toucha me!” Seriously, I thought one of them was going to pop the other one. Got to my hotel around 11 pm. Went to bed at midnight. Woke up at 3 a.m. Dang. Back to sleep about 40 minutes before I had to get up.
Met with our partner Bizmatica in the morning doing some marketing planning. Then we drove a couple hours to Genova (birthplace of Christopher Columbus) and met with a cruise line customer prospect. Back to the hotel (now 6 p.m.) and will wait to have dinner with our partner at 8:30 – the Italians usually eat at about 9 p.m.
Interesting things…it rained all day. Genova is a port city, so we went up through the mountains filled with snow, then down to the port. Cool hotel. Very little. The shower is about 2 feet square. Italy is so filled with character – the architecture, the people (I think every other person could be a model). Lot’s of motor scooters. I sleep in a twin bed (far cry from my London palace). The drive to Genova let me see a lot of little towns. They are so cool. The countryside is so neat! Oh, I ordered hot chocolate (everyone else was having coffee) – it is like a melted Hershey bar. Super think and rich. Wow!
Tomorrow I have a press conference and a customer meeting. Then the next morning I head to the airport and head home. Right now, I think I’m going to go for a run in the streets of Milano!
I love you all!!!!! (no pics to add due to my internet connection). Maybe later.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds so fairytale like...I cannot wait to go someday!
Did you totally feel like you fit in being Itailian and all?!?!
I hope you can post some pics.
I love the small town countryside!!! In France we had to drive out somewhere and we got kindof lost but it was fabulous because we happened upon all these old old towns...we're talking thatched roofs...very cool what you find along the way to your destination! :)
Well have fun.
love ya!
Post a Comment