Monday, January 14, 2008

Day Two in London Town

January 14, 2008

First I need to tell you about church yesterday. I got to the Hyde Park chapel in time for the last meeting (Priesthood) of the regular family ward. After that I stayed and attended the Portuguese/Spanish combo ward for Sacrament meeting. I've been to it before, but it always makes me laugh, because some one will give the opening prayer in Spanish, then the song will be in Portuguese, then the talks will alternate between Spanish and Portuguese. I got to speak to several Brasilaros, but I need some refresher course or something. I was struggling. Once I left to go back to the hotel, and had to stop and tell myself, "okay you can quit thinking in Portuguese now."

Today we had three press/analyst meeting in London. We were meeting the people from our PR agency at the hotel. They were late and called and told us that they were delayed by the queens horses. Literally, the road they traveled went past Buckingham Palace and the queen's horses had traffic stopped. Later in our cab ride I saw the horses on the street as we drove past the palace. All three meetings wet well. The first was with a guy with a bad hair piece who was offended by the fact that I hadn't read his magazine (yikes). Overall, they were fine. Tonight I went to the West End and had fish and chips (very traditional English meal) for dinner. Back in the hotel hoping that I sleep as well tonight as I did last night. Tomorrow it's more press meeting and a 5:50 pm flight to Milan. See a couple new pictures below! I love you all.

1 comment:

jeremy and steph said...

So cool dad! Great pics!
I'm glad you got to use your Portugese!
Love ya!