I'm here! For my 50th birthday (which is still at least a month away, so for the record I am still a 40-something), Robyn gave me golf school in San Diego. I'm at a private course called Carlton Oaks. School is 3 days. I'll head home late on Wednesday.
My instructor's name is Ryan Osgood. He's about 27 years old and seems to be good at what he does.
We started this morning at 9 a.m. with Ryan asking me questions about my game. We then spent about 2 1/2 hours on the range with him coaching me on various parts of my swing. We then had lunch and played nine holes on the course with him providing instruction. I then went on and played the back nine (shot a 52, not too good, but I'm more worried about fixing errors. The better score will follow).
Back at it again tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. Tomorrow Ryan will video tape my swing and we'll analyze it frame by frame, side-by-side comparing to tour player's swings. I'm exiciting for that.
So thanks for the present Robyn! It's so much fun.
Now before coming to golf school, Robyn and I took Alyssa to San Francisco to see Wicked for her 21st birthday (happy birthday to one of the most wonderful girls in the whole wide world). We had a lot of fun -- riding trolley cars, watching The Blue Angels, cruising Fisherman's Warf and Ghiradelli Square, shopping, drinking hot chocolate, eating a Sear's Fine Food. Robyn and Lyss are now hanging out at D-land.
Off to bed now.
1 comment:
Thanks again for this birthday trip, you guys are the best!
Post a Comment