Wow. Quite the trip. Door to door, it was 30 hours and 40 minutes. Time in the air was just under 22 hours. Something just isn't right when you have two nighttimes during a single trip. Almost 3 hours SLC to Cinncinatti. 8 1/2 to Frankfurt. 11 to Bangkok. I think I slept for about 4 hours on the way to Frankfurt (had a row of three seats to myself), but no sleep to Bangkok. Slept for a couple hours here at the hotel. It is now 5:30 in the afternoon and I feel pretty good!
This is one of two large statues at immigration. It is about 50 feet tall.

I got here early enough that I thought I could get to church. I found a ward that meets at 1 pm and it was english speaking. But...it was 45 minutes away and getting around Bangkok is not easy. Plus I wasn't sure I could get back. So I had to miss it.
The one thing I'd forgotten about Bangkok from my last trip is how friendly these people are. They are always smiling and are just plain nice! The hotel is one I've stayed in before. It is beautiful and the service is amazing. To check you in, they take you to your room, show you everything, make sure it is all acceptable.
This trip was certainly hard to pack for. It will be 93 degrees in Bangkok tomorrow. I fly to Berlin on Wednesday night. It will be 30 degrees there. :-) Tomorrow is going to be a really hard day for me -- it's the golf tournament. I know, rough life, but you just have to make some sacrifices.
So for some pics...
This is one of two large statues at immigration. It is about 50 feet tall.
This is a gift the hotel presented me with when I arrived. It is made out of flowers. It is really cool. Not sure what you do with it, but it's cool!
These last three pics -- the first is downtown Bangkok, from my 32nd floor hotel window. The next is the city market. Finally, a tok-tok, which is a form of taxi.
No comments:
Post a Comment