Sunday, January 11, 2009

London Town!!!! Cheers!

I figure I better get something posted before my family revolts! The trip over was safe and uneventful (the best kind). The three of us met up in Atlanta (me, Robyn, and Kenzi) and flew together to London. Poor MeKenzi was forced to fly business class (complimentary upgrade), while Robyn and I suffered in coach. The funniest part was the guy next to Robyn fell asleep with his head waaaaaay over into Robyn seat. I finally woke him up and asked him to move back into the enjoyment of the seat he actually paid for:-)

From Gatwick airport to Victoria station was a straight shot on the Gatwick Express train. Our hotel is very British -- old, small, and quaint. We like it. There is no thermostat -- just a three speed fan which means -- cold, hot, or burning hot. It's fun and the people are very nice.

Yesterday (Saturday) we went to dinner in a great English pub. It was cool. We also went to Herods Dept Store. Very similar to Macy's in New York -- huge, jam packed, expensive. It was neat to see it. Here is Kenz out front of the store all lit up.






Today we made our way to church on the tube (underground or subway). I've been to this chapel (Hyde Park chapel) enough times that I can actually find it without directions. Church was great. I went to the gospel essentials class. I love the feeling and spirit present in a class with new members just soaking it all in. We then came back for a nap and then ventured to get a picture of the Rosetta Stone at the British Museum. Grandpa Staples REALLY wanted us to see it. See this link to know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_stone This is a picture of me with it.


We then stopped by Lester Square on the way home. We'll go back there Tuesday night to see a play.


That is about it. We'll post more pictures later. Kenzi has the best ones and she is asleep right now. We'll take more and try and keep you updated. We wish you were all here with us. We love you!!!! Matt and Alyssa start their next semester of classes tomorrow -- good luck. Lyss is now a sorority resident -- you rock!







1 comment:

paige and jord said...

oh gosh we are sooo jealous right now! keep updating, we love hearing about your trip. be safe and enjoy every second of it!
we love you,
paige and jord